As a visa holder, you must comply with the conditions attached to your visa. Visas, such as working holiday and student visas, only allow holders to undertake a limited amount or type of work. People found to be working in breach of their visa conditions may have their visa cancelled.
The Australian Government is committed to ensuring you have an excellent education experience in Australia.
The New fact sheet for international students contains important information about their rights and responsibilities while studying in Australia.
- choosing and enrolling in a course of study in VET or HE or Research
- support services available in Australia
- the rights and responsibilities of students on a student visa
- working in Australia
- making complaints and getting help.
For more information about studying in Australia visit Studyin Australia.
- You can study a registered full-time course in Australia.
- Eligible family members can accompany you to Australia.
- You and your family members can generally work a specified number of hours depending on visa.
- You can generally stay in Australia until your course is finished.